Advisory Board as of May 2014
In addition to a Parent Advisory Board that every school establishes, MIMS will establish an Advisory Board made up of members of the Santa Fe community who in some way or through their professional lives, are interested in promoting education with an international perspective.
- Ambassador Delano and Gayle Lewis – Mr. Lewis was appointed the United States Ambassador to South Africa by President Bill Clinton in 1999 and held the position until 2001. Additionally, Mr. Lewis has been Peace Corps country director in Nigeria, CEO of National Public Radio and was also a member of the board of directors of Black Entertainment Television, Colgate-Palmolive, Halliburton, and Eastman Kodak. Mrs. Lewis is the author of five books.
- Bob Eisenstein – Bob was the Founding Director of the Santa Fe Alliance for Science after retiring as Director of the Santa Fe Institute. Bob is a nationally respected figure on math and science education.
- Tom Oden – Tom is the acting President of the United World College in Montezuma, NM. He is a life long international educator, teaching and leading in international schools in Latin American, Africa, Europe and the United States.
- Bill Conway – Bill is a well known screenwriter and filmmaker, producer of the acclaimed “Spoken Word” movie filmed locally after a successful career as a television writer and producer of numerous films.
- Dottie Indyke – Dottie is the founding Director of Creativity for Peace, an organization that simultaneously works with young Palestinian and Israeli women on collaborative leadership and peacemaking. After eight years of such work, there are hundreds of young woman now working for peace as a result of their participation in Creativity for Peace.
- Alicia Estrada Flores – Alicia works for the First-Born Program of the United Way of Santa Fe, is a former Director of the People of Color Aids Foundation, is very involved with the Dreamers in Action (DIA) organization and has been the United Way liaison at Amy Biehl Community School.
- Carol Robertson Lopez – Carol is the NM State Coordinator for the NM Sister-Cities Program, former Santa Fe City Councilor, and executive for the State Transportation Department, and Board Member of numerous organizations including he Santa Fe University of Art and Design Charitable Foundation, the Santa Fe Folk Art Market.
- Mark Bennett – Mark is Executive Director of Decision Resources, an international consulting firm focusing on ethical decision-making and values-driven strategic planning. A former attorney, Mark consults locally and internationally including the World Health Organization and for the State Education Department in Brazil.
- Fred Nathan – Fred is the Executive Director of Think New Mexico, a results-oriented think tank whose mission is to improve the quality of life for all New Mexicans, especially those who lack a strong voice in the political process.
- Juniper Lovato - Juniper is the Manager of Education and Outreach for the Santa Fe Institute. She is a graduate of the Monte del Sol Charter School, College of Santa Fe and has an MA from St. John’s College in Western Studies. Juniper has been at the Santa Fe Institute for the past four years, developing educational programs that link SFI with the broader New Mexico community.
- Ron Ritchhart – Senior Researcher for Harvard’s Project Zero and author of numerous books on developing thinking strategies in classrooms and schools. Ron is one of HPZ’s senior researchers who will be working with MIMS for the next three years.